Spain on the Mind

There is quite a few things that have ran through my mind since I have decided to do Molokai; sharks, swells, deep water, all the worries of marathon swimmers and of course, the Oceans 7; not a worry as much as a dream, a challenge, a chance to test your limits and defy the physical rules of the human body. I don't think I could ever classify any of these swims as 'easier' than the other, each is packed with its own set of trials and tribulations, but truthfully, if I can take down 26 miles I feel like I would be able to take down 8....




the Strait of Gibraltar, an 8 mile stretch between Spain and Morocco. One of the Ocean's 7. Obviously it made the list not because of its cute little jaunt of a swim but instead for its crazy currents and insane winds. I can't help but wonder what it would take to finish all 7, to be able to swim all around the world and be able to be one of the firsts to complete all 7. It may take years but I feel like I have to do it now, not out of force, but out of sheer want to be able to classify myself as a marathon swimmer with all my other super heros; Darren Miller, Beth French, Penny Palfrey, Kimberly Chambers, and Mackenzie Miller. I want to be apart of the elite club, I want to show everyone that they can defy the limits, people say you cant do it, show them that you can and not only survive it but thrive.

Im rambling again, but who knows, maybe after Molokai I wont have to shut this blog down, instead maybe you'll see me in Spain or Japan, wherever swimming takes me, I'm willing to go with the flow.

But first, Hapuna, tomorrow morning, 8 a.m, 1.2 mile race, good luck to everyone out there, special shout out to my support crew, again, and I say it all the time, I cannot thank anyone enough.



Keep dreaming big,

Leahi

No comments:

Post a Comment