Got my salt fix.....

July 2 2013






Alright it's been busy, busy, busy..... My shoulders are awesome! I'm so excited. I swam fly comfortably the last couple of days and raced this weekend without blowing out my shoulders! Wooooot!


                                                

I was fortunate enough to go my full on race pace and snagged 1st over all. 19 mins for a mile, not too bad, I actually might be kinda tapered from swimming backstroke and kicking so much! 

On Sunday I got back into the ocean for another long swim. 3 miles...here's the twist: it was all backstroke. It wasn't THAT bad, my neck was a little stiff, but coach told me to hold off on the insane swims until after states which is 2 weeks away, so I'm letting the taper begin. 

                               

                                                                Not too bad of a view, eh?

                               

                               

One of the times I flipped over I saw a jelly! It was like one of those from the movies and the 3rd one I've seen since I started long distance stuff. Why I'm so excited? I have no idea.....

It was a good weekend. Month and a half until I step off La'au point and finish this journey. Hopefully my shoulders were not too much of a set back. States here we come.....

And another thing... I cannot thank Fairwinds Cruises enough for their extremely generous sponsorship. If any of you ever come to Kona you have to check them out. Just one of the many sponsors that are close to me, close to home, and the community. Can't wait to rep the cap while in the channel.... 

Also can't wait for my next long ocean swim..... 2 weeks and I'm back at it. 14 days... 

Happy swimming, 

Leahi





No comments:

Post a Comment