Rough Day at the Office.....

        Well, it happens to the best of us, rough days, we all have them. In my attempt to amp up my yardage I attempted a swim from Kona to Keahou and back, however, my shoulders did not have the same idea after about mile 4. With a mini panic attack a few miles in because I "swore I saw a dark shadow not to far from me", I was physically and emotionally drained,  I pushed on to mile 6 and ended my workout in Keahou, I'm thinking a 8 mile, 10 mile, and 12 mile day all within a span of 5 days isn't the greatest idea. I definitely need time to recover, being my 7th loooooooong swim so far and it only being about 2 month since I've decided on this venture I think I may of ramped up a little too fast, my shoulders were feeling it that night and I had ice plastered to them to soothe the pain, self inflicted, live and learn, as cliche as it is, it rings true each and every time.


        I did have a little inspiration though, my friend Rob, who is known, well I know him by his Snickers bar every Wednesday night at his practice, was recently hit by a car and was hospitalized breaking part of his skull, in his long distance venture on his bike around the Big Island. Being so, showing a little community support athletes sported shirts saying "Run Big for Rob, a spin off of Big Island Running Co. shirts, which simply state "Run Big" and I, being that I cant really wear a shirt while swimming figured a little sharpie would do........

No comments:

Post a Comment